Friday, October 21, 2011

New kitchen additions...

I have searched high and low, purchased and returned...kitchen islands.
So I finally found one on craigslist...I guess how much?? $60. SCORE! Thanks again craigslist!!
I was so excited, especially since this island is the one I have been wanting but it is $200 at IKEA.
So here it is in our kitchen, and we LOVE it!


It really is the PERFECT size, and I love having the butcher block to cut on.




 Also I wanted to have a little breakfast area our kids could eat their cereal at in the morning or do their homework at after school. So I picked up a table at West Elm with my Design Dollars, and made our little sitting area, a new little breakfast nook.







Now I just need to find something to put above it, but what do you think?
Table- Free (design dollars)
Chairs- $80 for the set of 4 at overstock

Turned out pretty cute!




7 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Both areas look fabulous. I love the cowhide rugs too. They are wonderful. Congrats on such frugal shopping. Hugs, Marty

Mrs. Chic said...

I love your butcher block island - great spaces!! So fun you put a cow hide rug in the kitchen! :)

Anonymous said...

I really want to try this on my fake butcher block laminate counters and backsplash. I was wondering how you were able to do the edges of the counters. Were they poured over a bit in the frame or smoothed over with a trowel?
We're planning on selling our house in the next year and are trying to make a lot of updates so I'm hoping to save money ever place I can! Thanks so much for this post! I can't wait to show my hubby!! :)

Anonymous said...

What did you use for the back splash in the kitchen? Thank you!!

Kayla S. said...

I just saw your blog on the concrete counter tops and I have a question.How did you get the concrete on the edges of the counters?

Teri Mason Photography said...

I'm interested in the concrete countertops. Saw the post on another blog - can you explain how your hubby did the edges? And could this be done over laminate? I have rounded edges, that might make it difficult… Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

For those asking about the edges I found this link: http://designstocker.blogspot.com/2011/08/concrete-countertops.html

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...